Thursday, November 4, 2010

Odds and Ends, Bits and Bobs



Apologies for being MIA my lovelies. I’ve been cooking up some juicy posts for you all but had to put them on hold while dealing with some technical difficulties in getting The Ranter’s Box listed on one of the blog directories …some nonsense about URL’s, blog crawling and claim tokens. But anyhoo…

First I want to say thank you to all the new readers who have joined our snarky little family and to those of you that have remained faithful followers and continue to bring joy to my day with all of your amusing comments.

A special shout-out goes to the always entertaining Simple Dude in a Complex World. I am still beyond touched by his ongoing efforts to help me get B.O.N.’ed (Blog of Note). He wrote this really cool post imploring the Blog of Note Gods or Goddesses to BON both me and the amazing Rabbit over at The Long Journey to the Middle. Many thanks Simple Dude!

On another note, after some prompting by a few readers, I can happily report that I managed to get a couple of phrases common to The Empress published in Urban Dictionary. Word Perv was easily accepted by their editors however Knob-slobbing took a bit more effort. Apparently one of the more conservative editors didn’t feel my first submission of knob-slobbing was acceptable. After re-submitting under “knob-slob” and sanitizing my example they finally gave the green light. Woo-hoo! Feel free to click on the word links and give your thumbs up for my words on the Urban Dictionary site.

Also, after reviewing today’s key search words for The Ranter’s Box it appears that I am starting to get a reputation as a genuine word perv. Can you guess which search words are my favorite?



And that my lovelies is all the latest. In the meantime, have a great rest of the week …and be on the lookout for a follow up post to the one on the sex study as well as something about BJ’s.

xo The Empress

21 comments:

  1. I freakin love the Urban Dictionary! I finally had to look up a work that one of my cousins used to call me as a kid...BOOGERWOLF...lets just say I'm STILL PISSED AND IMA MESS HIM UP WHEN I SEE HIM *grrr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I retitled one of my blog posts to feature one of your words (shitweasel). I gave you cred, of course, and linked to your blog so maybe you'll get even more followers. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I just LOVE checking the keyword searches. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had always used "knob-swab", but I like "knob-slob" ever so much better. Well done, Empress!

    PMT
    thisthattheotherone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some weird keyword searches on mine too.. and I dont even blog about sex much. Think about it? yes. Talk about it with my friends? uh huh. But blog about it? not so much. But apparently thats what the searchers want!

    SD
    simpledudecomplexworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL those pervs. I can't stop laughing!

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, congrats on the Urban Dictionary thing. Awesomeness!!

    Secondly, OMG - I laughed so hard over some your key word searches!!! "Horny suckers and licks chasing cocks"??? W.T.F.??

    Wow. WHO searches for this stuff??? Wait . . . do I REALLY want to know? Probably not, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have you back Empress. You have been missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Falen: With all the crazy shit you say you definitely deserve to have some of your phrases published in Urban Dictionary! xo

    ---------------
    @Lolamouse: Glad to hear you got some mileage out of shit weasel. And many thanks for the link! Big hugs : )

    ---------------
    @Jewels: There is definitely some crazy stuff listed there. Kind of makes you wonder...

    ---------------
    @PM Taylor: Thanks! Knob-slob is fun ...in many ways ; )

    ---------------
    @Simple Dude: Maybe there is some weird big brother way of tracking all of our comments we posts on other blogs ...and this is how they started linking you to all the sexy stuff (just thinking of your recent comment over at Danaconda) ; )

    PS: How to you get the link to your blog to go into the comments section??? Yes, I am a technotard and need instructions please.

    ----------------
    @The Adorkable Ditz: Laughing is good, especially when connected to pervy stuff!

    ---------------
    @J.Day: Thanks! ...Ha! Yes, the horny suckers thing is hilarious ...the chasing cocks thing, well I may have admitted a time or two about my appreciation for ding dongs..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mynx: Thanks for the blog 'hug'. I missed you as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do these word searches read minds?

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the urban dictionary and am happy that you finally have words in it. missed your post and glad to have you back.

    http://becca-mycrazystuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting published in the Urban Dictionary - huge score for you! :)

    Bristol+Palin+Hot is your best search term...interesting. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Drake Sigar: That would appear to be the case!

    ---------------
    @becca: Thank you so much for your kind words. But after the MIA episode it appears to be all for not. I just got notification from "that" blog directory that my blog appears to not actually be a blog despite it being published on blogspot. Go figure!

    --------------
    @A Redhead Named Sam: Merci! It is kind of fun knowing that I have words in their dictionary. And yes, weird about Bristol Palin. Write one post about her and suddenly this blog is the place to go for all things Bristol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you totally deserve to be on blogs of note yo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Paige: Why thank you my dear! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Impressed to be acquainted with someone featured in the Urban Dictionary. That's almost famous. I was found by someone looking for 'mens and boys bananas'. I'd like to think that they were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Madame DeFarge: Why thank you! And I just had 'shit weasel' (the verb) published yesterday as well. It's all good fun!

    Mens and boys bananas, really? Maybe the banana split in your profile pic entices those looking for a pervy banana sundae?

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite word is gluteolacunosity. I've used it in a couple of my reply comments lately (with credit to you, of course). I was just thinking that that word should be in the dictionary! Let's see if we can get that one in there.
    Also, I think knob-slob could be a noun as well: one who is skilled at the art of fellatio and looks down on those who aren't!

    Welcome back, hon! I'm just getting back myself and I missed you like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Mrs. Hyde: Gluetolacunosity is awesome for sure! I actually found that one through Urban Dictionary.

    Love your noun version of knob-slob. Definitely have a go at getting it published along with all the other fun phrases you use over at your blog.

    And you have been missed as well my friend. Now can I come over and try out some of that cake and banana pudding? xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry man. I'm always chasing cocks. I can't help it. A juicy cock is worth pursuing you know. Please forgive me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated. You do not have to sign up or give your contact information to be able to comment. Feel free to comment anonymously if you like. Just fill my box up. It makes me so very happy!