Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunshine, Rainbows and Fairies, oh my!



Today being Monday and all, I thought I would write about positive, upbeat and sweet things like sparkles, fluffy kittens, fairy princesses and rainbows. I mean who doesn’t dream of skipping through a field of daisies on a lovely sunshiny day? Or, oh my gosh, being able to wish upon a shooting star? Or even better still, being a beautiful fairy princess and living in a magical enchanted forest? And good golly, doesn’t just fantasizing about it make you all giddy and fill your heart with warm fuzzies and oodles of love? ...

Um, yeah right. Did you honestly believe for one teensy second that we were going there? I think NOT! Cause this isn’t the fricking ‘Hallmark-Disney for Dorks’ blog and The Ranter’s Box doesn’t do the gross mushy stuff my faithful friends! Instead, I’m thinking it’s time for another segment of:

DJ for a Minute – You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’



I’m dedicating this Judas Priest classic to those greedy, negligent asshat executives over at BP. In the event any of those d-bags have the mistaken notion that they are suddenly heroes and that the world is going to roll out the red carpet and throw a parade in their honor -- just because they finally managed 90 days later to put a temporary cap on the blown well that has been spewing millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, well they have another thing coming! ..I’m just saying…

6 comments:

  1. "Warm fuzzies and oodlles of love"....

    Indeed, but you forgot skittles and Keebler elves.

    Living on the coast of the GoM, I know that the feeling of relief is marred by the frustration at how - yet again - it takes entirely too long for solutions to natural disasters to be executed. Correctly, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess: Umm, skittles, I love those things! Keebler elves too but I generally don't eat them only their cookies!!

    My heart goes out to you and all the other people living in the GoM region. Knowing full well the impact this environmental disaster will have for many years to come, I want to make sure that no one forgets about all those who are living and dealing with this tragedy on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had us worried that you were going all soft on us but I guess you redeemed yourself with that metal tune. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous: Being a rebel and all, why of course there is some metal in this Empress!... And we have to keep the memory of what all those in the Gulf region are going through first and forefront in the world's eye. Monumental environmental disasters do not go away on their own. Let's all continue to support them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are kind of all over the place with your taste in music. Was the song today to prove a point or do you actually listen to that kind of stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: Oh, my musical tastes are indeed wide and varied. And yes, I do actually listen to that kind of stuff when it strikes my fancy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated. You do not have to sign up or give your contact information to be able to comment. Feel free to comment anonymously if you like. Just fill my box up. It makes me so very happy!